sinking in and singing out

Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am excited for love.


So, I have good news. It's been quite the eventful week. Nils and I woke up on Tuesday morning an engaged couple! We had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend and continued to kick off our holidays with pepparkakor, ABBA, a faux tree, and engagement ring hunting! We are hoping to have a Turf Club engagement party in January. I don't want to go on too much about being engaged, but I do have to mention that finding an engagement ring is more difficult than I thought. Since I turned the tables on the traditional proposal story: I being the one who asked, I had been figuring that Nils would get the ring. This not the case, and now I am surfing Ebay and Etsy for the perfect eco-friendly, simple, and possibly vintage engagement ring. I've already had a few people take a gander at my ring finger looking for that certain sparkle of commitment, and well, I just want to say we are getting there! I am just so picky!

Now that we are fully into the the holiday season, I've been thinking about gift giving and such, and this year, I am definitely into making most of my gifts for friends and family with my bare hands and creative mind. I couldn't help but get excited walking around No Coast CRAFT-O-RAMA yesterday. It was a plethora of talented artists and creative awesomeness. I adore seeing what people are making. I scored a free No Coast tote bag and a cute pin cushion from Run Amok.

If you are still wondering what to get a friend, I've been selfishly inspired to gift this to myself: a book on why it's important not to eat meat and understand why. I noticed this book last month when it was released, and an opinion piece written back in October, by the author Jonthan Safran Foer, reminds me that I want to read Eating Animals. I think it would be a lovely Xmas gift for your vegetarian/vegan friend or someone who is contemplating a change in their diet. Or well, for someone who gives you a hard time on your decision to stop consuming animals.

No comments: