sinking in and singing out

Friday, December 21, 2007

absolute connections

About a half hour ago, a woman with a 22oz from Super America crossed my path at 22nd and Garfield. As I looked up at her, I saw her smiling. She looked over at me and unexpectedly esteemed the night and offered me with question, "It feels beautiful, doesn't it?" I confirmed, "It's nice." Within seconds, a stranger made a human connection with me that meant more than a comment on how the air had warmed over the day. If only she had known that when she said that to me, that just seconds ago, before we approached each other and even as I looked up at her, that I was experiencing pure happiness of my own particular warmth. Ultimately, coming from a different human connection. "It feels beautiful, doesn't it?" "More than you know," would have been a more appropriate response but, "It's nice," explains it well too.

happy holidays!

No comments: