sinking in and singing out

Thursday, December 27, 2007

a nod and wink to you, beth capper

I've been told many times that it seems I would really like this new movie, Juno. This sort of makes me insulted? A bit, actually. Please, don't take offense, but I've been arguing over this movie; that I don't want to see it. I've seen the preview of Juno enough to pinpoint reasons being: it seems nothing good at all and all its one-liners and god-awful cleverness is not ingenious, but downright annoying and alienates the movie. I find nothing funny in its subject matter and being pregnant at 16 is not cutesy or hip or indie; so cut it with that hip soundtrack and counterculture 'tude. I just read a review on the movie by Bath Capper. I pretty much see eye to eye on her and I am so happy that she exists. Thank you Miss Capper - I hear you loud and clear. Here is that article:
  • "Alternative to what?"
  • 1 comment:

    Michael said...

    I completely agree with you (and Miss Capper) 100%.

    Thank you!

    Walk On Red